KEY TO THE CITY - USA City Directory Top USA City Resource Guide
First Baptist Church
107 N. Texas Street
Elmore City, Oklahoma 73035-9013
History of First Baptist Church, Elmore City
On May 17, 1920, the Rev. Julian G. Tripp of the Missionary of Banner Association of Wynnewood, Oklahoma visited Elmore City. The purpose of the meeting was to reconcile the Rock Creek Church and the brothers and sisters who had withdrawn from them to organize the Emanuel Baptist Church. After the missionary had visited with the members of both churches, a glorious union was effected and the breech of several years was mended.
In December 1920, having permission, the church decided to meet regularly in the old school auditorium, a building standing west and separate from the old pine school building and a Sunday School was organized January 1, 1921.
On November 3, 1950 groundbreaking for the present church took place. The T.H. Vaughn property, where the present parsonage is located, was purchased for $7,500. on February 1, 1956.
The current pastor is the Rev. Bruce McCray who was called to the First Baptist Church of Elmore City in May of 1993. He and his wife Lori came from Morrison, OK and their son Caleb was born since moving to Elmore City.
|Search Key to the City|
|Search All the Web|
To learn how to submit USA City information to Key to the City, go to Publication
Advertise on Key to the City
Use your back button to return to the previous page
To go to a new state, choose the States page
Return to the USA City Directory - Top USA City Resource Guide
Thanks for coming! Don't forget to come back soon!!